Wednesday 12 August 2009

Black Templar (Pt III)

After a good relaxing weekend - girlfriend visit, Star Wars: Force Unleashed + big TV (due to housemate) I have picked the brush up once more. I gave the helmet another bash. It not amazing, but its better than before; sort of works. I have finished the other red, though it might look a bit dark in these pictures, and begun work on the parchment. I'm not going to take it too bright. I want it to look dark and old, so it won't be the usual newer looking colour.

I haven't shown the backpack off yet as to be honest there isn't really much to show. I am not sure what to fill it with. I have considered a great big red cross with two pieces of scroll on it (top and bottom) saying "Suffer not the" and "alien to live". But more ideas are welcome.





2 comments:

  1. I really like the reds and how the parchment is shaping up but I can't get on board with the black. I think I can see where you're going with it but it is too subtle. I usually go for very subtle with black also but when there is so much of it I don't think it works as well. I'm sure you'll get it to work though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The black has been washed out a bit really, but I am having a slight problem with it being too subtle - like you said. An extreme layer to highlight would work but its the placement and blending required to make it suit.

    It still needs work.

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...