So, back on the painting bandwagon and doing some more Dwarf stuff, I have managed to completely finish the army standard bearer (BSB)....
Friday, 27 May 2011
Saturday, 14 May 2011
Tuesday, 10 May 2011
Friday, 6 May 2011
I have done a mock up of the complete mortar. I have found that it is quite busy looking - with four crew (including Engineer). One thing that might be noticeable is the base is different. There is one reason for this, I didn't have enough miliput to make the base and wall. This got me considering something and I realised that using miliput is just not cost effective. It is expensive and time consuming, the problem is I already have half my army based with miliput stamped bases. I am going to try a new method on the mortar, that is I have cut in squares onto the actual base to represent flagstones. If this looks good when it is painted then I am likely to keep with this method for the rest of the army. It might look a little disjointed, with some raised others not but it is cheaper and quicker. But as I say, that I have not decided upon just yet.