Sunday 30 August 2009

Back to the beginning...

On LO there have popped up two dwarf blogs, and one is rather good. Now, I first got into this hobby with the dwarfs. My very first army and probably my largest collection; I own a lot of dwarf models - painted and otherwise. These include the two Bugman limited editions from Bugman's Bar at WHW, three versions of the White Dwarf (incl. version on shield) and loads of others. You might guess I am a big dwarf fan.

So, when these threads came up, I got the itch for the bearded ones again. Not going to start stripping and repainting and army just yet - though I will do - I decided to paint up a single dwarf lord model. I used to hate this mini, dwarfs + winged helmets annoy me, but after seeing a really good paint job on him, I changed my mind. He's now one of my favourite dwarf models. Very dwarfish. Here he is so far. I am particularly pleased with the beard - blonde is not that easy to paint and to make it look like blonde, rather than yellow.



3 comments:

  1. Looking good so far, Kuffeh. And you're correct: blonde is very difficult to pull off convincingly. I'm a huge Dwarf fan, too, so I'll be keeping an eye on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skin tones, especially on the top hand, were the first things I noticed on this model. They're very well done, probably the best I've seen from you. I'm looking forward to seeing where this fellow goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I am very happy with him so far. I forgot how much I enjoy painting dwarfs. =D

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...