Friday 10 September 2010

A quick update


Right so, since the last update I have moved half the length of England and now am living in the seaside town of Broadstairs in Kent.  It's not bad.  We are yet to get the internet connected, however there are a bunch of networks that we can connect to and use (and more are legally done!).  I still lack most of my stuff, that arrives a week on saturday, so no painting just yet.  However, I have assembled a number of dwarfs, namely - 16 warriors with hand weapons, 16 thunderers and a cannon (all kindly donated by PapaJJ in a very gentlemanly give away  he had on his blog).  Some of these have been very slightly converted.  Like the warriors all have axes - started off accidentally but looks good - some of which are converted from great weapons and some small changes to the command and such.  The thunderers are just a normal unit, much like the cannon.  So I have stuff to paint when it all arrives. 

I also went to the local gaming group, just to see what it was like.  It's small, but there seem to be a nice bunch there.  Hopefully I can make some friends with these guys and get some actual gaming done!  In addition to this, I am trying to add or write my dwarf fluff to give it character.  So far it is not that good, but I am just trying to get down the basic structure and build a better one on top of that.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the move, I just did one myself. Looking forward to seeing some more painting from you.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun, sand, sticks of rock, ice-cream, donkey rides, dwarfs............all part of a classic english summer. Great to hear you've found a gaming club. Interested to hear how you get on with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys. Hopefully over the next few months I can have some actual content for my two blogs!

    Maybe. =P

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...