Sunday 19 July 2009

Random Ultramarine

Wanting something different to paint I decided to get this Rogue Trader era Ultramarine done. He didn't turn out amazingly well. =( The armour took some work, for some reason it went glossy and the blue was too dark - it also ended up being a bit thick. I attempted some freehand on his cloak, it turned out reasonably well but I still have a long way to go if I want to do decent freehand. I just need to practice more. I did however feel that the blending on the power sword was the best I've ever done - turned out really well.




1 comment:

  1. The sword does look really good. Do you know why it's turned out so well? The paint appearing glossy is normally due to too much water in the paint mixture. Best tip I even had was paint onto a mixing pallet before applying to the model. Do you use one?

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...